We have now moved to Step 4 of the Government’s Covid-19 Response Roadmap. It is still our responsibility to make sure that our church is safe for all those who attend. In the light of the current high rates of infection in the Diocese of Hexham & Newcastle, and the elderly demographic of our Diocese, Bishop Robert has asked us to retain all of the COVID control measures and cleaning protocols that are currently in force in all our churches and church halls until at least the end of August 2021. The situation will be reviewed after that.
Please help us to keep everyone safe at St Cuthbert’s:
- Book a place to attend Sunday Mass, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 0191 384 3442. You do not need to book for weekday Masses, but you must provide Track & Trace details.
- Wear a face covering in church, unless you are exempt.
- Sanitise your hands on entering and leaving church.
- Maintain social distancing in church.
- Congregational singing and sharing the Sign of Peace are still not permitted.
- Follow the present procedure for receiving Holy Communion. If you wish to receive Holy Communion on the tongue, please wait until the end of the Communion line, to minimise the risk of infection.
The obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains suspended.
Thank you to the volunteer cleaners, who have enabled us to continue celebrating public Mass each day. If you could join the cleaning rota, please contact Ciara by email.