Durham is a collegiate university, with all full-time students being members of one of the sixteen colleges – fourteen in Durham City, and two at the University’s Stockton campus. Your college is your home and academic community in Durham, but we hope it is also a place where the Catholic faith may flourish.
Each college has a rep – normally a member of that College – as a point of contact for the Chaplaincy and CathSoc in the college. One of the reps’ most important jobs is to greet new Catholic students at the beginning of the academic year – and show them the way to church! Some reps also organise other activities in the colleges, and depending on the college they may sit on a college chapel committee.
Each term Mass is celebrated in two colleges, typically one on the “Hill” and one on the “Bailey”. These take place on the regular Wednesday “CathSoc nights”, and all are welcome, not just students from the host college.
College Reps 2016-2017
- Collingwood: Simon Edwards
- Grey: Tudur David
- Hatfield: John Dent
- Josephine Butler: Paula Rondon (Ustinov)
- St Aidan’s: Jonathan Edgar (St Chad’s)
- St Chad’s: Roisin Clarke
- St Cuthbert’s Society: Ella Murphy
- St Hild and St Bede: Julia Tomas (Ustinov)
- St John’s: Joseph Milik
- St Mary’s: Bethanie Pelloquin
- Trevelyan: Visitation Lesterpearson
- University: Carmen Bowes
- Ustinov: Paula Rondon
- Van Mildert: Emma Bonnard